Wednesday, May 9, 2007

In a Hurry to Arrive

The countdown till little Kaiden Dean makes his arrival is indeed getting closer and closer, but as excited as I am to see him, please join us in praying he decides to stay inside a bit longer.

Last Friday I awoke Brandon in the middle of the night with what seemed to be Braxton hicks that were abnormally strong and close together. We ended up going into the hospital and sure enough I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. Seven weeks before my due date this was much too early so I spent the next 32 hours in the hospital as they tried to get the preterm labor to stop. The first medication didn’t work and so the doctor ended up giving me a couple doses of steroids in order to speed up Kaiden’s lung development…just incase. But the second med seemed to work and I am now back home and “taking it easy”. Still, 50-70% of the time women who go into preterm labor end up having the baby early. The reassuring thing is that Kaiden should be perfectly healthy if he is born now, but there would still be complications, such as a yet-to-be-developed ability to eat on his own, that would keep him in the hospital for at least a couple weeks, probably with an IV in his little arm.

Please pray that Kaiden will be safe and grow strong, and that he won’t arrive prematurely. Pray that I will be able to take it easy as I am supposed to. I am currently still working as my employer has no one else to fill in for me, so pray she can find and hire someone else fast so that I’m not overexerting.

8 comments:

The Glinz Clan said...

You know I will keep my thoughts and prayers for both you and Kaiden. Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Its so good to hear about updates with you both ! ( and bran ! ) Keep you in my prayers !
god bless

Unknown said...

Glad everything is under control, and I guess Kaiden has held out for that extra week you were hoping for, which is an answer to prayer.

Anonymous said...

Hey, So good to see a picture of you with a beautiful fat belly. Have been praying for you.

Natalie said...

We're praying for you...really, is there anything I can help you with?

Unknown said...

May the LORD keep you both safe and healthy! My prayers are with you!

Peter said...

keep us posted Justina...praying with you!

Julie Luse said...

Everything is going to turn out great! It seems Kaiden is already proving to us he has a personality :). We will continue to pray for you. We would love to bring some food over and maybe a board/card game or something, just let us know baby! By the way, you look like the hottest little pregnant woman in that picture!
Julie :)