Thursday, March 15, 2007

Our New Home

As of April 1st Brandon and I will be the proud new owners of a mobile home. We moved into this rental trailer on a month-to-month basis upon returning form Australia, planning to stay here only until we found something else we wanted to rent long-term, but God had other plans. I must say, I am quite excited about it. Odd as it sounds, I remember the first time I felt the desire to live in a trailer park. I rode my bike through a park close to school my freshman year of college and God begin conjuring up this desire within me not just to minister to those who lived there, but to “become part of them” in a mother Theresa kind of way. This desire was cemented even more when I got to know my friend Mel, who was the Jr. high pastor at our church and who lived in that same park. She and her roommate had such an awesome ministry with the kids in the neighborhood. They even decked out one of their rooms into a permanent fort for the kids. When Bran and I made the decision to move here to Boulder, I never thought about it fulfilling my longing to live in and love the people of a trailer park, yet it so perfectly fits the mission and calling of Emmaus Road. There couldn’t be a better community either; this trailer park has over 2000 residents! God is so amazing! I love the way he builds a passion in me for that which he calls me to—doesn’t just throw me into something.

On a different note, we love the house. Even more, we love that the two lots on our west are empty, giving us a gorgeous foothills view. This was my view when sitting on the couch having devotions a couple mornings ago. And another morning shot, from the street right out our front door.


2 comments:

Julie Luse said...

Dude, I want to move in next to you in your empty lot so that I can take your view of the foothills. Just kidding :). I am so happy for you guys, even more so that you are feeling the blessing from God for following him no matter what! So proud! By the way, for the record for those people out there that have cliches in their heads about trailor parks, the community is awesome, clean, very nice and the house, is better than anything I could ever live in for that price, three beds, huge kitchen, huge living room, two baths with a huge tub!!
Hey, this post today counts as your Thankful Thursday, so sign my blog today so other's can read about it! (and if you don't want to be ordered around, then just don't sign it :) :)
Julie :)

Natalie said...

Congrats, home owner! What a blessing. I am looking forward to many more girl's nights at your place.