Saturday, January 27, 2007

Little Moments


I have a new fascination. Borderline obesession?...perhaps. Every morning right after I peel my eyes open I begin what is becoming my ritual belly-stare. Usually it is uneventful, yet somehow incredibly intriguing as I watch my ever growing bump pulsate with the life that is being pumped into the baby's tiny body inside. Some mornings, however, my staring is rewarded by a sudden thump that can only be a tiny fist or foot testing out the boundries of his small dwelling. it's on those mornings that I wake Brandon up to join me in my mezmorized staring. Unable to force his eyelids open, he usually substitutes watching with touching and sets his hand on my stomach. As I feel a twitch I look over to see a huge smile on what otherwise appears to be a sleeping face. It is in those moments that I am convinced I've been allowed to be a part of some inexplicable miracle. And if that isn't enough, I've been given an incredible man to share it with--someone who is not just happy for me, but who is marveling in this beautiful miracle just as I am. Thank you, Jesus, for the little moments.

12 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't wait to have you here to get to watch you, and be with you in your journey in mommahood. You have been missed!

Brinker Business said...

We miss you guys and can't wait for your return.

Julie Luse said...

Nice Blog! I can't wait to hear more about the beautiful "small things." I am so jealous of you guys right now and wish I was enjoying the scent of the air in Australia, or the beautiful lush countryside, or the strange evening sounds of bugs, birds and breeze! If you don't know, we've had six weeks of snow in CO. But it's equally as beautiful I'm sure! I'm going to add you to my site right now! :) take care friends!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mr. and Mrs. Deans,
This is incredible. I am soo happy for you both, and chapstick. I wish I could see your face in the picture though, it is hard to image someone I knew for years with a baby growing inside. I hope one day I can see it. It is a beautiful thing.

I might be coming to Boulder in March for spring break. If so, we should definatly get together.

I hope you are enjoying your time over seas, and getting lots of attention from family and friends.
-Becky

Anonymous said...

Love you guys. So proud of both of you.

The Glinz Clan said...

It's so good to hear from you. I am so glad you get to experience such a beautiful thing. I miss you both and hope that one day I'll be able to come and visit. Keep the pictures and emails coming! I pray you have a safe trip home.

Peter said...

Right on Deans, way to start blogging. We miss you guys and look forward to your return.

Unknown said...

Love that picture! We are praying for the safe arrival of a new little Dean :)
It's so awesome to see a miracle growing right before your eyes, I'm sure.
I hope you blog a lot because I so miss hanging out with you like crazy and I am excited to have one of my friends finally going through pregnancy!!
Congratulations and hello to your family! -Hoshie

sau2003tara said...

OH MY GOSH...
YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

jacki said...

i love you and miss you more than ever! cant wait to talk to you when you get home!!

Anonymous said...

Awww... i miss you guys already, drive home from the airport was heaps boring! To everyone in the US who misses bran and justina, your blessed, cos they are on their way home safely as of this afternoon! Pray you guys have a good flight...

Anonymous said...

Hey J (and B),

Welcome back to the States (as I think this is around the date you are scheduled to return. I hope all was well in the travel experience.

Justina, what a beautiful photo of your current mommy state. I am so excited for you and B. There is no doubt in my mind that God will be honored by the two of you as parents. Thanks for your willingness to share it with those of us separated by distance with photos and blogging.

Love you and miss ya bunches!!